A Little About the Clubs
You may have heard of Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee, but do you really know who we are? Here are a few facts about Boys & Girls Clubs that may surprise you:
- We have been around for 125 years, making us one of the oldest youth-serving agencies of its kind.
- Over the course of the year, we’ll serve more than 35,000 kids.
- We have 34 Clubs throughout the Milwaukee area, one in Waukesha and a 300-acre camp near Hartland.
- 57 percent of the kids we serve are from households with an annual income of less than $25,000.
- Membership to the Clubs is $5 per year, but we never turn away kids who cannot pay.
- We offer more than 200 programs to our kids, ranging from music instruction and literacy initiatives to hot meals and college preparatory classes. Our programs often fill gaps left by school-based programs that have been cut due to budgetary restrictions.
- We work with youths from grade school through high school, and sometimes beyond. Our goal is to be there for members from the time they carry backpacks to their transition to briefcases.
This only scratches the surface of what we do, but we hope it's enough to convince you to get to know us better. There are many ways to get involved in the Clubs and become a part of the transformation that is happening in our community. Register your child
to become a member. Volunteer
at one of our locations or special events. Make a donation
to support one of our proven programs. Contact us
for a tour of a Club. Help us spread the word about the Boys & Girls Clubs through Facebook
Together, we can ensure the kids in our community are safer, healthier and smarter.